Monday, June 27, 2011

Word of the Day (6-27-11)

Good Morning Everyone

Today is Monday June 27, 2011

The word of the day comes from Proverbs 31:26-28 NKJV

She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness. She watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.


My Interpretation

My Life Application states that the book of Proverbs begins with the command to fear the Lord (1:7) and ends with the picture of a woman who fulfills this command. Her qualities are mentioned throughout the book: hard work, fear of God, respect for spouse, foresight, encouragement, care for others, concern for the poor, wisdom in handling money. These qualities, when coupled with fear of God, lead to enjoyment, success, honor, and worth.

This morning this verse came to me as I thought of my wife, Christen. We both ended up getting up later than expected causing us to rush. As I jumped in the shower and was trying to gather myself to hurry up and get out the house, Christen reminded me to take the oatmeal that my mom made me for breakfast (check one-made sure I’m fed). As I went to grab a shirt that was not ironed, Christen told me that it wasn’t passable and said grab the iron then proceeded to iron my shirt for me (check two-made sure I’m well groomed). This does not include her getting herself and Cahlil ready to get out the house for work and school respectively.

Well I got out the house after kissing everyone bye, got almost to my job and got a phone call from Christen “you rushed out the house so quick, you forgot to pray with us” (check three-made sure that the priest covered the family with prayer). We pray every morning before we leave the house not sure what the day will bring but wanting to cover it and us with the blood of Jesus and I never forget to pray or gather us for prayer. I thank God for a wife who when her husband gets beside himself, has enough of Holy Ghost, to have her priest back and to get him back in a right mind state. As I prayed thanking God for my wife and the little things she does, just that quickly the Lord dropped in my spirit, a virtuous woman (or the) virtuous woman of God that I am blessed to call my wife. Every morning doesn’t resemble this morning in all aspects but on the days when it does, it is a good reminder of the importance, significance, and appreciation God had for me when He made Christen for me. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD…Proverbs 18:22 NKJV.


Have a wonderful, blessed, productive, stress free day!

4 comments:

  1. Love this word and the new blog! :)- Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. *deep sigh*...brought a tear to my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of this blog Gamal. it has blessed me many days in my walk with God, I pray that this opens new doors for you and your ministry.-----Tee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the support and the comments (Sum, Chris, Tee). I am happy about the limitless possibilities that God is presenting and just want to remain obedient to see the FULL manifestation of them.

    ReplyDelete