Friday, February 24, 2012

Word of the Day (2-24-12) by Christen Haylett

 
Good morning,

Word of the Day for Friday February 24, 2012

Verse:  Ephesians 4:2-3

2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.


I wanted to talk a little about patience.  My goodness patience is definitely a virtue and HARD to obtain! I have a 3 year old and a 5 month old…and juggling the two of them can really test my patience at times.   My son is no longer wearing pull-ups or diapers he wears “big boy underpants” as he calls them…but every now and then he has an accident on himself, more often than I would like.  At first I found myself angry and irritated to have to clean up after him and my goodness if we are out of the house and it happens, I may or may not have changed clothing for him and it can be super annoying.  It is so irritating  because I know he knows better and can do better…but then I realized me fusing at him all the time is really not helping the problem.   How are we handling everyday obstacles...with anger or with patience and love?  One day I just sat and thought about how God feels about us.   How many times do we sin even though we know better and can do better? How many times do we make bad decisions and make a mess of our lives, and we come crying to God to help us clean it up.  God exemplifies GREAT patience with us and all of our everyday nonsense.  He does not yell and scream at us to get it right. Instead he loves us with a patient and kind love and guides us through the situation. God loves us with agape love, more than we can ever love and despite all of our shortcomings he continues to bless us.   Let’s challenge ourselves today to lead by example and enhance our patience rather than fussing or complaining.  Even in something as little as potty training I can recognize a lesson about God’s love.  Oh what love He has for us all, that he would give his only son to save our sins, Thank you God for your patience and love.   

Have a wonderful, blessed, productive, stress free day!

1 comment:

  1. Great word Christen! I concur and funny thing, I actually thought about God's love and patience with us as I pulled into our neighborhood today...lol

    ReplyDelete