Monday, April 16, 2012

Word of the Day (4-16-12)

Good Morning Everyone

Today is Monday April 16, 2012

The word of the day comes from Romans 7:7

The Law and Sin
 7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”

My Interpretation

I was looking at this scripture and it always gets me. One, it shows that the law was meant to be a mirror. It showed us where we were but in showing us, it didn’t help us to change how we were now that we were able to see the real us (hence the need of Jesus). Two, if it wasn’t for law, though I’m not where I should be, I wouldn’t be making strides to get where I’m trying to go. Does that make sense? The law didn’t help provide me a means of permanently solving the problem I have with sin. What it did was made me aware of my permanent sin problem and allowed me an opportunity  to consciously make a decision to go against what I want to do, what is not pleasing in God’s sight, to try to hinder the amount of sin in my life. It wasn’t until Jesus came and lived the sinless life by fulfilling the law (Matthew 5:17 (NIV) The Fulfillment of the Law 17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them) then dying, burying and resurrecting Himself that I was able to say that the power of sin was done away because in believing in Jesus I am seen in God’s eyes through Jesus so where I am incapable of fulfilling the law, through Jesus I am seen as already fulfilling it.

You ever notice how no matter how cute the baby is, at some point early in their life you have to tell them to do right, teach them to do right, discipline them when they don’t do right? Why is that? Because our nature is sin; we are birthed into it. Similar to how we have to be taught to do right, we have to be born again to have a chance to live right. Jesus tells us John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. Until our children reach their own understanding we as parents are seen as sort of a law. We give them the guidelines and rules and share with them when they fall short or how they fell short. But us giving them the rules doesn’t keep them from falling short. It merely shows them where they fall short.

There isn’t salvation in the law because if it was we would all be in trouble. We don’t have the power to keep the law, the law is holy and breaking one commandment in it warrants death. Romans 6:23 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. That is why we HAVE TO BE GRATEFUL FOR JESUS! It is through Jesus that we are seen as fulfilling the law that we could never fulfill on our own. For this NewBeginningMONDAY let’s be happy that it is through Jesus that we have fulfilled the law and that we are not under the guidelines of the law to save us. Thank you Jesus that our salvation is in You and your grace.

I’m not condoning messing up but be glad and grateful that in the midst of the messing up, your chance to get it right has not passed. If you are reading this email, both you and me have another opportunity to correct what we didn’t the day before, hour before, minute before, second before. Now that is good news from glory! Make the change you didn’t just now!


Have a wonderful, blessed, productive, stress free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment