Friday, August 12, 2011

Word of the Day (8-12-11)

Good Morning Everyone

Today is Friday August 12, 2011

The word of the day comes from Psalm 90:17 NIV

17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
   establish the work of our hands for us—
   yes, establish the work of our hands.

My Interpretation

I was talking to my Bishop the other day and as we were closing out, the Lord dropped in my spirit to tell him I pray God’s favor will continue to be with him, even when money may not always be with him. A lot of times we want God to bless our families, our churches, our business, our lives etc. I know I do but even more important I just want the favor of the Lord to be upon me. If the favor of the Lord is on me, all the things individually that I want Him to be bless, is already covered. God’s favor will provide for me, open doors for me, lead me to some things that just having money can’t. Favor will keep me in good graces with Him which is better than any earthly treasure we can gather. Favor, we always say is not fair that’s why it’s called favor. If God’s favor is with me, there will be some places I can go, some things I can do that others won’t, others can’t and others will not understand how I am able. There are things that God has purposed and planned for me to accomplish that I will ONLY accomplish if the favor of God is with me. There are things that God has purposed and planned for your life that you will only accomplish through the favor of God.

When I think of favor, I think of the sum total. God’s favor stretches to my spiritual life, my mental and emotional state, my physical health and financial stability. Favor encompasses everything about me. Everything I do can be blessed because the favor of God is with me. When you start praying to God next time you pray, tell Him to shine down His favor on you in ALL areas of your life that you can accomplish all that He purposed and planned for you to. You want God’s unmerited (because we didn’t nor can we earn it) favor to be with us for the remainder of our lives. Ask God to give you His favor.

17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us;
   establish the work of our hands for us—
   yes, establish the work of our hands.



Have a wonderful, blessed, productive, stress free day!

1 comment: