Friday, August 26, 2011

Word of the Day (8-26-11)

Good Morning Everyone

Today is Friday August 26, 2011

The word of the day comes from Hebrews 11:1 NIV

Hebrews 11

Faith in Action
 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

My Interpretation

I just want today to be a day of encouragement. There may be something in your life that God has told you/showed you/promised you. You have a glimpse of what your future will look like. Yet it seems to be tarrying. I have been listening to this new song on the Donald Lawrence CD “YRM- Your Righteous Mind.” He has a song on there entitled “Not Making Sense, Making Faith”. The lyrics go as followed: And when people ask how I’m going to do what God told me to, for the rest of my life I’m not making sense, I’m making faith. My faith will proclaim what the word proclaims…don’t try to convince when your path doesn’t make sense, God is the author and finisher of your faith…you stay in faith…don’t know how you going to get there but just walk by faith…don’t know how you going to get there but the just live by faith.

I get in modes myself where I have to remind myself that the promises of God will come true. God has the right time for everything to happen and it might not seem like that time is RIGHT NOW while I wish it came like YESTERDAY but that doesn’t mean that because everything is not there yet that it isn’t coming, it isn’t going to come, I just need to live and walk by faith. A lot of times we can think that maybe God didn’t speak to us because what He showed us hasn’t come true yet. It can cause doubt that maybe we wanted it so bad we envisioned God showing us and He really didn’t. Or maybe you are in a place you don’t want to be and you are frustrated. Trust me I know this one cause I’m there. I am in a place I don’t want to be and it’s frustrating because I know what God has told me and showed me and there is more for me but it hasn’t reached me yet. I get angry, I get frustrated, I get sad, and I want to cry out for God to hurry up. Thank God my wife is level headed to remind me of the promise and just to wait. So I want to remind you just as I have to be reminded, the promise is for an appointed time but wait for it, it will not tarry, it will come just as God promised. Just continue to hold faith in God. Continue to not make sense by looking with the naked eye but make faith by looking through the spiritual eyes the Lord has given you. Be encouraged. God has not forgotten you! God has not forgotten me! Remember when we have confidence in what we hope for and assurances that it will come true even when it looks the opposite right now, know you are not making sense but you are MAKING FAITH.


Have a wonderful, blessed, productive, stress free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment